Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Unprepared
 I have this impending feeling looking around at the way things are that many people have not been prepared for this second economic depression in which the media keeps calling a recession for fear that people may go crazy or something. I am not trying to come off as bragging or anything of the sort. However, I feel that since I've been raised my entire life in poverty in felony flats practically that I am prepared for this. I have not emotionaly broke down from my living situation. I am used to living in poverty. There has been stress. But I have not felt completely helpless. I am thankful to my friends whom have let me stay with them with my daughter. My bedroom may be their living room. However we've made it like a room so it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference. It's like living in a studio apartment almost. My friends have been awesome on the most part. There have been a few misunderstandings I think. Or more or less I think it's just because we're in close quarters (three adults, two children, three cats, two bedroom apartment with one bathroom) So we're starting to need space. But we're making do. That's what counts. We have a place to live and food in our bellies.
 Things are slowly looking up. My lovely soon to be ex mother inlaw informed me that if I fill out a waiver that I can get divorced free of charge! YAY!
 I had an interview today for a full time position. I hear back Monday about it. Wish me luck. I have another interview on Monday as well :) I am starting to get more helpful. The rainy cold season is starting here in Portland. My mother was driving me to Michelle's doctor's appointment the other day and it started pissing rain so I stuck my head out the window. It felt nice. . . I have my kitty back. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

 My first client is due next month. Me being on call is fast approaching. I am excited.

Living is St. Johns isn't that bad. It reminds me of SE Portland when I was a kid so I feel comforted by that.

No comments: