Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

 Yesterday Elskie gave me her room and volunteered to sleep in the living room. She had suggested it after I had  mentioned that I think part of the problem with me and Derrick (whom I have affectionately nicknamed Gaston) is that he just doesn't seem to get that I like my privacy in the morning and the fact that I am so used to my privacy and things have been a bit more difficult because of the fact that my bedroom had been the living room I had absolutely no where to escape. She went ahead and told Gaston our plan. He thought it was a silly idea because of the fact that I don't pay rent and Elskie went ahead and told him that she really didn't need that much privacy and really in the end she would be the one with the final say in the whole matter. I just hope this does not prevent conflict further down the road. While I was gone with my mother yesterday and at a job interview for Dick's Sporting Goods Elskie moved everything around. Derrick has not showed me any nasty attitude about the whole thing yet which I am glad for.
 I should be hearing back about the job for Dick's Sporting Goods sometime this week. Applicants are to know by next week if they have a job or not! It's a new store opening so they technically will not be opening until Halloween. In that time we will be working on store set up and training.
 In other news, my father has become a homeowner. I am glad for him naturally. I am a pit peeved though since I was told a few weekends ago that he was going to come up and visit Michelle and I on his vacation. He had all of last week off. This week he will be moving into his new place. He will not be coming to visit us in Portland. I guarantee it. It bums me out a lot. I haven't seen my dad since March. And he's not following through with spending more time with his children and grandchild since Marcella passed away two years ago. In fact, we saw dad more often when Marcella had cancer, was  alive, and dying. We spent just about every holiday with them. And now... he's a Jehovah's Witness and he doesn't celebrate holidays. It's a pity really. Michelle is missing out on my father. I am paying him the respect in being open minded about his faith. However, he was more open minded about mine back before all of this Witness business. I'm trying my best not to be bitter, but it really bugs me when my father seems like he's blowing off his family to save his own ass in the afterlife. Or dare I say it -so he could get some-. Anyways...

 I've noticed random things I have missed since having to the majority of my possessions into storage and having to give the car to my ex (well I didn't have to... the starter was going out and I can't afford to fix that) the things I've actually missed. I've missed my books. My vast variety of books. I'm missed my stereo and blasting music while I play. I miss driving places and blasting music. I miss other things too. Like watching Michelle draw on her easel all day. Anyways, speaking of Michelle she wants some snuggles so I need to stop typing.

No comments: